22-year-old identified as latest anonymous victim of North Las Vegas shootings

NORTH LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — The latest anonymous victim in a spate of murders in North Las Vegas this week has now been publicly identified.

The Clark County coroner on Thursday named Jeannette Faria-Webster, 22, as one of five people found dead in two apartments Monday night.

Faria-Webster died of a gunshot wound to the head and neck, and her death has been ruled a homicide, according to Clark County officials.

Family members gathered at a candlelight vigil Wednesday evening identified Jeanette, or “Netty,” as the girlfriend of Kayla Harris, a 24-year-old Adams State University graduate student and basketball player who was also killed.

Faria-Webster and Harris were found dead in a ground-floor apartment where police also discovered the body of 20-year-old Christopher Damian. The coroner's office has not publicly identified Damian as the victim, but family members confirmed his death to Channel 13.

Damian's mother, Amy, and grandmother Damiana “Anna” Moreno were found dead in an upstairs apartment. Moreno's 13-year-old granddaughter Olivia was seriously injured in the shooting.

In an email sent to media Thursday, the Clark County coroner officially identified Moreno, 59, and Amy Damian, 40, as the victims of the shooting. Both women died from gunshot wounds and their deaths were ruled homicides.

In an updated report on their investigation released Thursday, North Las Vegas police said the shooter, Eric Adams, 47, was arguing with his ex-girlfriend (Harris' mother) before the shooting.

Police say Adams went to his ex-girlfriend's apartment and shot Harris and Faria-Webster. Christopher Damian was shot, police say, after he heard the commotion and went downstairs to see if he could help his neighbors.

For reasons unknown to police, Adams allegedly went upstairs and shot Moreno, Anna Damian and the 13-year-old girl. Two other people were inside the apartment at the time and managed to hide before calling 911.

After the killings, police say Adams took his ex-girlfriend hostage and drove around with her for several hours before she managed to escape and alert a Las Vegas Metropolitan Police officer of what had happened. Adams later killed himself when confronted by police, authorities previously said.

Police said the case remains under investigation and they do not plan to release any additional information at this time.

Related Articles

Back to top button